As of Thursday, January 28, 2021, Wayne County Public Health can confirm that the total number of positive cases of COVID-19 is now at 3,702.
This is an increase of 27 new cases since yesterday.
Data in parenthesis represents the increase or decrease of data since yesterday.
Please protect your families, your neighbors, and your community, by continuing to constantly take all of the following, proven-effective precautions:
1) Social distance in public by 6' or more.
2) Wear a mask whenever you are around others in public.
3) Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer frequently.
4) Avoid frequenting large gatherings.
5) Consider not gathering if it is not essential.
Out of our 3,702 positive cases, we have 3,405 (+36) cases resolved/recovered, 261 (-8) cases remain active and recovering, and we have had 36 deaths of a people related to COVID-19. Currently, we have 32 (+1) cases in need of hospitalization. To date, Wayne County Public Health has administered 1,810 doses of the COVID-19 vaccine to currently eligible individuals.
W.C. Public Health